Cuddle up with this warm, healthy butternut squash soup recipe. Not only is it warm and comforting, but it’s a super healthy soup version! Low-sodium, gluten-free, no-dairy.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth/stock
- 1 sweet onion or shallot
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- sprinkle of thyme (optional)
1. Cut skin off butternut squash and cut in half – scoop seeds out.
2. Chop squash into cubes, dice onion.
3. In a large pot, melt coconut oil and add onion.
4. Saute 3 minutes then add squash.
5. Saute an additional 5 minutes until squash starts to brown.
6. Add coconut milk, broth, and spices – bring to a simmer.
7. Simmer about 20 minutes until soft.
8. Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor, blend until smooth.
9. Sprinkle with thyme to serve.
Hungry for more recipes? Check out more recipes here!