Classic Parmesan Scalloped Potato Recipe
Southern Living didn’t disappoint with this simple and delicious scalloped potato recipe. Now that I know how easy it is to whip up some scalloped potatoes, instead of randomly grabbing the boxed version I’ll be making it more often (sorry hips).
The best part about this side dish is that it would compliment any holiday entree!
What you need:
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Layer potatoes in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Stir together cream in a large bowl. Add parsley, cloves, salt and pepper. Pour cream mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring gently every 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until bubble and golden brown.
- Let stand on a wire rack 10 minutes before serving.
Easy enough, right?
|Photo Cred: Amy Burke|
And if you’re planning on hosting the next holiday meal, Sur La Table put out a great picture to remind us where all those utensils properly go.