How are your New Year’s resolutions holding up? Honestly, mine have been a bust but it’s never too late to get refocused. Since I started attending Atmasphere last year for yoga and meditation, I’ve realized how important it is to take time for yourself. A few moments, 60 minutes to just NOT THINK! Declutter your mind! Get energized! I have failed at this in the past month but it’s never too late to get start again.
I am a worrier. I get anxious. I think about “what if?” too much. Anyone else with me? I forget to live in the moment and be appreciative of what is right in front of me. The fabulous crew at Atmasphere has taught me that I’m not alone, but it’s important to refocus that energy into a spiritual form of yoga and meditation.
Here are some perks of meditation:
- Reduces stress (can I get a hallelujah?): Meditation allows you to take control of your nervous system and emotions by focusing on breathing. I’ve taken this technique into my everyday life. When I’m overwhelmed, stressed out, or find myself not able to fall asleep because I have so much on my mind, I’ll go back to focusing on my breathing (I can fully thank Atmasphere for this).
- Improves concentration: I often attend class during my lunch break and I’ll go back to work refocused and able to concentrate better.
- Encourages a healthy lifestyle: I wish I LOVED working out BUT I don’t. However, yoga and meditation doesn’t feel like a chore. It’s something I want to do because I know it will make my mind and body healthier.
- Increases self-awareness: How you may ask? When you’re taking time for yourself in a positive atmosphere, that is encouraging you to push your limits, you think about who you are and who you want to be. You want to be a better person.
- Makes you happier: When you’re less stressed, healthier and more mindful, you’re happier.
“Meditation is one of the most important habits you can form. Hands down, bar none. Meditations help you to become more peaceful, more focused, less worried about discomfort, and more appreciative and attentive to everything in your life.” – Pavel Stuchlik, owner of Atmasphere