Our first summer book post was such a hit; we decided to give you more. Now I’m hooked on psychological thrillers right now so I am going to share with you my favorite page-turners.
The BEST book of the summer and I can’t tell enough people about it is Girl On The Train. It is so much better than Gone Girl (don’t get me wrong, Gone Girl was a good read) but you won’t be able to put this one down. I read it in 48 hours. Just read it and you’ll understand.
On my quest to find a book as good as Girl on the Train, here’s my list so far:
- The Good Girl by Mary Kubica – This book won’t get you hooked but you’ll want to keep reading to figure out exactly what happened. There are several characters and each chapter is written from a different person’s perspective so you have to keep up with who is talking. One part will have you saying “NOOOO” out loud.
- The Stranger by Harlan Coben – I was introduced to Harlan Coben years ago and he is my go to when I just want to read a book. You won’t be disappointed by anything he writes. This conspiracy will change this suburban family forever.
- Gone Girl, Dark Places and Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn: These will leave you thinking wtf and thankful for your “normal life” but great reads and must reads. Pick up a happy book in between by Elin Hilderbrand or Jennifer Weiner for an easy read.
- Unravel by Calia Read – This is next on my summer list.
- The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood – This was recommended to me by a friend & blogger, Chelsea from choose to be happy and I can’t wait to dive into this one too.
When I was on a hunt for summer books, this book post was shared with me since it’s right up my alley and how perfect is the title, “12 Books To Read If You Loved ‘The Girl On The Train’ (That Aren’t ‘Gone Girl’).