15 Best Things You Can Do For Your Skin
Let’s be real. I miss my skincare rituals. I miss facials, spa treatments, massages, and all my fun procedures! Ugh. But it’s time for a little self-care at home and now we have all the time to take care of our skin! You can get clear, glowing skin is at home. Now that we can’t get those expensive treatments we can adjust some habits at home for free to correct our complexion. My skin was amazing. I had finally figured it out, but the stress of Covid19 did some damage, so it’s time for me to get to work. Simply add these few habits to your daily routine and they will massively improve the texture of your skin.
On this post, we share the 15 best things you can do for your skin to get that glow!
15 Best Things You Can Do For Your Skin
- Wash Your Face Daily: This rule applies to everyone universally. Miss Universe 2018, Catriona Gray’s advice during her interview in a popular talk show in the Philippines when asked what kind of advice she would give to those teenagers when it comes to taking care of their face and her answer was, “Always wash your face before sleeping, it will save you a lot” Following this simple yet so helpful tip saves our skin from the dirt that stayed too long which might cause you some pimple and clog pores.
- Use Cleanser: A gentle cleanser is a productive way to treat our skin and make it smoother while removing the excess dirt and oils all over our body. This will help you kill any potential bacteria and gives our skin the protection it needs. Avoid using soaps that contain strong chemicals and refrain from using harsh soap when it comes to washing your face.
Personally, I double cleanse using the Dermalogica and then use a peel pad and toner. If I’m being lazy I’ll use Micellar Water to remove my makeup. I linked my favorites below.
- Use Moisturizer: Moisturizer is a good way to hydrate our skin, especially when we feel that our skin feels dry and rough. This is the best remedy for people who have flaky skin. Using this will not make your skin supple but also irresistibly smooth! If you’re over 30 make sure to use an anti-aging moisturizer so it does double duty. I’d also recommend a retinol and vitamin c. Throw in an eye cream or serum while you’re at it. My favorites are linked below. They’ve changed my skin!
- Use Sunblock: We always go out and staying too long under the exposure of the sun is not a good idea. We need to protect ourselves and use some SPF Sunblock Lotion or any cream that can block the UV rays that enter our skin. By doing this, we will not suffer from having sunburned skin and of course, maintain a natural color.
- Drink Lots Of Water: You’ll never go wrong with this! Start making drinking water a habit. The recommended amount is 7-8 glasses per day but the more the better! It has been proven that people who are water drinkers have more elasticity than those people who drink less. Water therapy does not only make you achieve clear skin but also regulates the flow in your veins even better. How cool is that! No need to spend anything and you can still achieve that glow.
- Avoid Staying Up Late: Our body needs to hydrate and regenerate after a long day, that’s why getting enough sleep is an essential step to achieve healthy skin. Deprivation of sleep doesn’t just damage our cells, but it also makes us feel easily tired and believe it or not, weakens our immune system. I have a super bad habit of staying up late so I’m definitely working on this!
- Get Some Vitamin D: Sunrise is a great source of Vitamin D that does not cause any damage to our skin. Instead, it activates the absorption of calcium in our bones even faster. It also delays aging.
- Use Organic Products: We might need to consider using organic products if we want to achieve a glow that doesn’t irritate. Pure and natural ingredients are skin-friendly and hypoallergenic. These products help us achieve visibly smoother skin and they are the safest way to avoid rashes and allergies.
- Exercise Often: We won’t get too scientific here, but here’s an overview: increased blood flow and oxygen in the body supplies the skin’s desired amount it needs in order to function well. While this is the key to great body shape, exercising will help you even more to achieve bright and clearer skin.
- Eat Healthy Foods: The greatest source of nutrients and vitamins comes from our food intake. Go, Grow, and Glow foods are an amazing combination of foods that perfectly nourish our internal organs and that will surely reflect on your body. As cliche as it may sound, we are the food that we eat, so choose wisely. Life is too short to have dull and unhealthy skin.
- Take a bath or shower: A good soak in hot water can open up the pores. Wash that dirt and toxins away!
- Avoid Smoking And Drinking: If you’re a person who smokes and drinks, it’s never too late to change those habits that ruin your skin. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle has more benefits in store for you and you will noticeably witness how stopping has a great effect on your skin!
- Avoid Eating Processed Foods: We know, it’s easier said than done. Avoiding processed foods that have so many preservative chemicals along with it is a good start. You are at your best when you have a great looking skin that is healthy and radiant inside and out. Try it and see for yourself how this simple behavior results in a skin that blooms.
- Take Vitamins Supplements: There are so many vitamins that are available now that are accessible to everyone. A good diet combined with vitamins makes a wonderful result for a long, healthy life and great skin! I take the sugar bear hair and multivitamins every day!
- Avoid Stress: If your goal is to have a nice complexion, this might be a perfect tip for you. If we are under pressure and stressed out, we can’t function very well on a daily basis and we might end up neglecting the love and care our body needs. Think of happy thoughts and be positive! When you’re happy, you will have an absolutely happy skin that will add to your self-confidence and self-esteem.