The Cottages on Charleston Harbor are the closest vacation rental homes to the water. Right when you walk in your cottage, if you reserved a harbor front cottage, you immediately see water from every window. The cottages are two bedroom three bathroom with a cozy living room with a fireplace as well as a full kitchen. My favorite part was the screened in porch that stretched the entire back of the cottage. There was a nice sitting area on the porch, rocking chairs, as well as a hammock so you could relax and read a good book while you watch the ships go by. There is a small lawn area just steps from the water with two picture perfect Adirondack chairs that look like something from a Southern living magazine. The cottages by the water are clustered in groups of three so it would make for the perfect family reunion or large family gathering. I know they even host wedding events.
The southern hospitality at The Cottages on Charleston Harbor is five stars. We received a very warm and friendly welcome when we checked in and were shown to our cottage. There’s also a pool and hot tub that overlooks the harbor. They have complementary breakfast in the morning and snacks in the afternoon. There are even bicycles that you can take to explore Patriots Point in Mount Pleasant.
The cottages are next to several large hotels so you don’t really have to leave the property. There is a gift shop, rooftop bar, and The Fish House restaurant just across the parking lot within walking distance to your cottage. There’s also a fun tiki bar in the sand with fire pits by the water that is just a short walk away. As well as a long pier for you to enjoy the sunsets and watch the cruise ships go by. We went in November in the winter which made for a sleepy relaxing vacation but I’m sure in the summer months it is much more active.
You’re only a 5 to 10 minute drive to downtown Mount Pleasant or downtown Charleston so you can go out to dinner one night or even order in. Did I mention they’re also PET FRIENDLY!
The Cottages on Charleston Harbor are also close to a golf course which is great for golf enthusiast in the family. I know my husband really enjoyed getting out to play golf by the water.
Here is his take: “Patriots Point is a links course that overlooks Charleston Harbor. The front nine winds around a couple of ponds and features dramatic views of the Charleston bridge. While the back nine takes you out over the water with lovely views of the Charleston Harbor. The island green at the 150 yard par 3 is the signature hole on the course and will aesthetically please even well traveled golfers. This links course is fun for all skill levels and should be considered a must for your next golf trip to the Charleston area. We at “Verbal Golf Blog” give this course a ‘2 over‘ on the scorecard as the views and experience will have you walking away feeling you got more than your greens fees for sure.” – Michael / Instagram husband
I also want to mention that one cottage is also wheelchair/handicap accessible and that most cottages are just a short walk from the parking lot. Ours was only a couple of steps.
They also offer a crib services as well as organic baby food delivery for your convenience for all the moms out there. We brought Colton with us and it was his first time seeing the ocean. Such a fun experience to travel as a family of 3 now and The Cottages on Charleston Harbor made that transition super easy.
Personally, I love that they offer the space and comfort of a vacation rental with the services and amenities of a hotel. You also have free Wi-Fi and DirectTV in each room as well as a huge list of other amenities.
- Deluxe continental breakfast that can be enjoyed in our Clubhouse lounge, on the pool deck, or in the comfort of your cottage and private porch.
- Delicious local refreshments, including southern style favorites such as red velvet cake, and cookies are available throughout the day in the Clubhouse lounge after breakfast service.
- Outdoor swimming pool and jacuzzi hot tub overlooking the Charleston Harbor
- Private harborfront beach with Adirondack chairs and tables
- Use of beach cruisers to explore historic Patriots Point and beyond
- Daily housekeeping service
- All Cottages are non-smoking spaces
- The Cottages have three full bathrooms with custom bath amenities available for your enjoyment, along with a deluxe bathrobe to wrap up in.
- High-speed wireless connectivity available in all cottages as well as the Clubhouse.
- Each Cottage has three flat screen HD TVs and a Bose stereo complete with a selection of songs to help you relax and unwind
- Each cottage has a fully-equipped kitchen with full size appliances including refrigerator, range, and dishwasher.
- A stackable washer and dry is available for use in each Cottage.
- Enjoy your own private screened-in porch with hammock, tables, chairs and rockers.
- USA Today delivered to your door each morning.
- For your sleeping comfort each room offers a lush pillow top mattress, and is completed with the gentle hush of the harbor as it rolls by.
- Local coffee house, Charleston Coffee Exchange supplies all of The Cottages on Charleston Harbor’s delicious coffee, available in your cottages as well as at The Clubhouse, enjoy a cup before you venture out or let us handle the prep for you.
- Personal Concierge
- Business services and use of business center- you won’t get stuck at The Cottages, something comes up you just cannot get away from back in work world, we have you covered. Printer, Paper, fax, we have it all ready and waiting.
- Private Chef Services
- Massage Services
- Sparkling Wine Upon Arrival
- Charleston Water Taxi
- Pre-arrival Grocery Shopping
- Babysitting Services
Photos To Inspire
Need more inspiration to visit the cottages on Charleston Harbor? Check out some of our fun family photos below.
Book your trip today!