When you were wee younger you may of had anxiety but you just didn’t know better and now shit just sucks – and you don’t know what to do to get control of your life again. Don’t let your anxiety control & label you.
Steps in dealing with anxiety:
- Stop doing what causes anxiety.
- Find the culprit.
- It can be a mental game, stay strong and don’t let your mind beat you. Get your body and mind on the same page.
- If exercise and meditation doesn’t work or whatever your “escape” is, try medication and it will more than likely help you. While on medicine try to figure out what triggers your anxiety and learn how to control it so one day you can come off the medicine.
- Don’t run from your problems or situation, learn to work through them or find the trigger that is making you “run away”.
- And just breathe, lots of deep breathes! It won’t be easy but it will be worth it.
- Therapy (retail included // buying things always helps)
- Exercise (think high cardio // dance classes // boxing // spin)
- “Me” Time
- Loud music
- Read a book
- Lay by the pool
- Go to a comedy show
- Clean / Organize (relaxing to some, helps me calm down and think straight)
- Confide in your family and friends
- Wine (ha, it does help but don’t become dependent)
- Medicine (talk with your doctor, you’ll be relieved afterwards)
- Self medicate // Katy perry takes beta blockers and those work great! It cools the sweat jets. (See even famous peeps have to deal with anxiety).
|Graph from Buzzfeed|
Now we aren’t doctors or anything, but these are some of the things that have helped us! Feel free to share your stories with us below so we can all cope together.
xoxo, Dr. Ady + Lindsay