Homemade Banana Almomd Butter Ice Cream (Vegan & Super Easy!)
I hope you had a great National Ice Cream Day on Sunday!
While we all need to occasionally dive into our favorite ice cream indulgence (ahem anything with Cookie Dough!), here is a recipe you can have GUILT-FREE any day of the week!
It’s healthy, EASY, and delicious <3
1/2 Tbsp Almond Butter (or Peanut Butter if desired)
Dark Chocolate Chips/Chunks (if Desired)
1. Slice up a ripe banana (should be soft and not at all green)
2. Put slices into a tight tupperware or Ziplock bag
3. Put into freezer for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight
1. Take the frozen banana slices out of the freezer
2. Place in a blender/bullet/food processor (whatever you have) and pulse/blend until gooey (until it looks like soft serve ice cream texture!)
3. Put 1/2 tablespoon of Almond Butter in and blend together
4. Option – Top with Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks for some chocolate taste and crunch
You can either eat the ice cream right there, or put back into an airtight tupperware and put in the freezer for later, which will help it firm up a bit more (like above).
Feel free to change how you like! If you want butterscotch chips, no almond/peanut butter, fruit toppings, etc. 🙂
Enjoy and cool off in this hot weather!