Greek Meatballs with Spinach Orzo
My colleague passed this orzo recipe on to me about 6 months ago and I finally got around to making it and I’m oh, so grateful I did. Yum! And it makes great leftovers. She told me a few tweaks she did and I followed her advice so I’ll share the original recipe plus the additions. I’m not a huge leftover food eater, but I impressed myself with eating the leftovers. They were just as good!
Now let’s get on to the good stuff…but I should warn you that I took shortcuts because I get overwhelmed with more than 10 ingredients, so I’m going to link over to the original inspiration for this recipe.
- Olive Oil (to cook in the meatballs in if you get pre-made)
- Lemon Juice (juice from about 1 lemon)
- 1 – Avocado
- 1 package Spinach
- Feta Cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups Orzo
- Meatballs (I didn’t make my own, I used Publix pre-made meatballs in the meat section and they are just as delicious)
- Make “Tzatziki” Sauce in a food processor or blender (I put in quotes because I just used lemon juice, avocado, sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper – full recipe can be found here).
- Cook the orzo.
- Cook the meatballs.
- Cook the spinach.
- Drain the orzo and mix in the spinach.
- Top spinach orzo with feta cheese.
- Make your plate or bowl!
Another side note, if you’re a ranch lover like me (no shame). For leftovers, I mixed in some ranch instead of using the tzatziki sauce. #winning 😉