Easy Autumn Salad Recipe (Honey Crisp Apple Salad with Candied Walnuts and Cider Vinaigrette)
Start off your meal with this amazing autumn salad recipe! This crunchy, slightly sweet recipe will satisfy your taste buds, and impress your guests!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 4 (for a larger batch, double ingredients below)
- 2 heads frisee, chopped into bite sized pieces (or you could use cut up green cabbage & spring mix if preferred)
- 4 cups wild arugula
- 1 cup candied walnuts (or regular)
- 2 large green apples, cut into thin “matchsticks” (refer to picture to see example)
- Spiced Cider Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
Spiced Cider Vinaigrette Recipe:
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp walnuts, lightly chopped (plain or candied)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp + pinch of salt
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of curry powder
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp canola oil
Salad Dressing Preparation:
Add all ingredients except curry powder into a food processor or blender. Mix until all ingredients are well combined and smooth. Slowly drizzle in the oil and combine until completely mixed.
(This makes about 1 cup. If you need more, repeat the process. If you have leftover dressing, you can store in the fridge covered.)
- In a large bowl, add frisee, arugula, walnuts, and about half of the matchstick-sliced apples.
- Drizzle lightly with some of the Vinaigrette.
- Divide equal portions into individual bowls, and top with remaining matchstick-sliced apples.
- Drizzle more (do not drench) dressing on each salad.
- You can garnish with walnuts on top if desired.