Christmas is here, and who is the first person that comes to mind when you think of the holidays?
If you’re anything like us – the answer should be Santa Claus! Even though we adults don’t get to wait for him to come and leave tons of presents for us (we’re too naughty nowadays), we do get the chance to play him, and that can be just as fun!
Filling up Christmas stocking is one of the most exciting parts of the holiday season for kids and adults alike, so we’ve put together some seriously fun stocking filler ideas for the whole fam!
Stocking fillers for everyone
- Chocolates: You can’t go wrong with chocolates, and putting in a handful of treats (or two!) is a no brainer. Plus, it’s a ton of fun to go candy shopping for your friends. Extra points if you know their favorite brand!
- Instant cameras: Instant cameras are cute, chic and trendy. These are instruments to preserve instant memories that are useful on any outing, trip, and yep – Christmas event! Extra points if you include paper so you guys can make some fun memories to remember that evening.
- Books: You can never go wrong with books, so this one is always great, especially for kids. If they love classics, get them that book they haven’t had the time to look for, if they’re learning a new skill, get them an educational book to help them out.
- Hand knitted items: If you’re into knitting, you can make your own Christmas stocking fillers. It doesn’t even have to be anything too complicated – it can be anywhere from a knitted bracelet to an ugly Christmas sweater depending on your schedule!
- Gift cards: Want to make sure you don’t go wrong? Get them a few gift cards for their favorite shops or websites.
- Airbnb gift card: If they love traveling, an Airbnb gift card is an amazing gift to receive and it’ll get them excited to plan their next adventure!
Stocking fillers for her
- Bath bombs: Bath bombs are always fun, and they are the perfect stocking filler as they have the perfect size for it.
- Essential oils: Every woman loves essential oils – I mean, we don’t just love them, we are legit obsessed, so this is a surefire way to make us smile.
- Cute mugs: Coffee and cocoa are the best beverage for winter, so a cute mug makes for a perfect filler. If you’re feeling extra, have a few mugs custom made and print them out with a picture of your friend, a quote they love, or good wishes.
- Jewelry: You can never go wrong with jewelry for her, so this one is a great stocking filler. It doesn’t even have to be anything too fancy or expensive – from a cute necklace to a trendy pair of earrings – we love it all!
Stocking fillers for him
- Cards Against Humanity: We’re still to meet a fella who doesn’t love playing Cards Against Humanity, so it makes for a perfect filler for him!
- Grooming tools: If you want to make sure his stocking is filled with things he’ll actually use, grooming tools like beard trimmers and shavers are the best way to go. Plus, he’ll be super thankful!
- Travel sized cologne: Grab his favorite cologne (or yours *wink*) in a travel size – they’re more affordable and super useful, especially if he tends to travel carry on.
- Socks: While socks seem boring, they are are always an amazing gift to get once you become an adult – or is that just me? Bonus points if they’re heated socks!
- Beef jerky: Beef jerky is one of the best stocking stuffers for men because who doesn’t love beef jerky? Plus, it’s on the healthier side than sweets.
Stocking fillers for kids
- Bath crayons: Why didn’t these exist when we were children? Bath crayons are the perfect way to let your little one get wild and creative without ruining the wall.
- Glow sticks: Even as adults, glow sticks are always fun and make for a perfect stocking filler that will also keep them entertained for a while at dinner.
- Coloring books: Who doesn’t love coloring books? They’re a great stocking filler for kids, but maybe we should also include this in the adults’ section, too!
- Cookie cutters: Cookie cutters are a great stocking filler that you’ll get to enjoy just as much as your little ones. Once the Christmas frenzy is over, you can make a day out of it and bake fun cookies together.
- Microwave popcorn:
- Play Doh: Play Doh is one of those cant-go-wrong stocking fillers for kids that has stood the test of time. Hey – even as adults, we totally wouldn’t mind getting creative with Play Doh right now!
- Magazine: If your little one is displaying an interest in a specific topic, get them a magazine that fits their interest. If they’re loving fossils and animals, National Geographic is a great pick, for example! This is a great way to show them that you support their interests AND it’s also educational!
- Gloves, socks, and a scarf: Gear them up for the winter with these. You’ll have to buy them anyway, so you might as well include them in their stocking.
- Colorful bath bombs: Bath bombs are just as fun for kids and adults, and they make for fun and easy stocking fillers.
- Glow in the dark stars: No matter how old school these are, creating their very own night sky in your room is on every kid’s bucket list!
- Temporary tattoos: Guys, how much fun was it to get a temp tattoo as a kid? These are never not fun!
- Thank you notes: Fill up their stocking with a few pre-made thank you notes they can send to Grandma to thank her for her present!
And that’s our list! Filling stockings up is always a ton of fun, so make sure you make a day out of it. What are some other great Christmas stocking filler ideas that we didn’t include? Bonus points if they’re thrifty!