Glass balustrade – Expert advice to make your remodeling dreams come true
Glass railing on balcony, bridge, terrace and staircase is becoming a trend these days. Glass Balustrade has become the first choice for the architectures to design their projects. They are safe, strong and provide a clear view of the design. A number of designs are available in the market for the people to choose the best design for their house.
4 Facts of the Glass that is used in Balustrade
- It is a 10mm thick, clear and tough glass. This thickness can be increased in order to have more toughness.
- It has a unique feature of being double sided.
- It comes with a self cleaning glass coating hence easy to clean.
- It can be clear or may have tinting options like green, gray, bronze and blue.
7 Special Features of Glass Balustrade
- It is maintenance free that makes it first choice for an economic railing.
- It is easy to fit so a less time consuming process.
- It is suitable for houses, offices, gardens and many different buildings whose design demands a great look.
- It gives a modern and beautiful look to your house, office or building.
- It is strong and tested for different conditions that can destroy the railing.
- It comes in many designs like straight runs, corners or faceted curve design.
- It has the ability to provide versatility in design for both new and the re-established buildings.
All these features make glass balustrade an amazing choice for all the remodeling solutions.
Frameless Glass Balustrades: With the use of toughened laminated structural glass, architects can make a structure which creates no obstruction in the sight through space. It provides a contemporary finish look throughout. Just like any glass balustrades, frameless glass balustrades can be used for internal stairwells, internal level changes, and external balconies. There can be many techniques to fix it and it depends on the model design.
By using frameless glass balustrades with aluminum doors, architects can create a minimal Juliette Balcony. One can use many glass options like low iron glass, decorative glass and strengthen the glass layers. Using handles, handrails, and caps different edge details can be made available for different designs.
These days, architectures can create anything using glass balustrades.
Glass bridges: Structural glass bridges can be created using frameless glass for a long walk from one end to another. This bridge can be supported by either stainless steel support or high specification structural glass beams. An anti-slip coating can be provided in order to make secure Glass Bridge. It helps to maintain transparency and provide strength to the long bridges.
Glass balconies: A minimally glazed glass balcony can be created using glass. The amount of structural support that should be provided depends on the design, size, and weight of the load. Juliette balcony is an example of creating balcony using frameless glass balustrade. This balcony has an integrated door system.
Large pivot Door: This door is made up of a slim aluminum frame associated with IQ’s. They can be designed into an oversized opening door using glass balustrade.
With the use of glass balustrade there is use of glass in every remodeling structure. This provides not only the looks but also gives low maintenance cost, easy setup and high strengths to the models. Now glass is being used not only for balconies but for windows, corners, doors, bridges as well as staircase.